Contemporary world is developing so fast that things just can’t be the same due to technological advancements of all spheres of life. Globalization influences all professional fields as well as business world. Today business projects are managed and controlled with the help of telecommunication means that make it simple to do everyday business tasks fast. The most effective and quality contemporary decision is a virtual team and it is one of the most effective ways to develop business. We gathered 4 main tips to mange your virtual team here and want to share them with you.
Firstly, Let’s define what a virtual team is.
What is a virtual team and how it can help in your business? Virtual teams consist of the employees that are professionals working for your company. The main peculiarity is that your employees can work in the comfort of their homes. Your employees just need to log on to your business website and work online. They implement their functions concerning particular business projects through online collaboration.
Virtual teams successfully collaborate online and show perfect working results. Such an option became a necessity mainly for those companies that hire professionals all over the world. Building virtual teams is very effective in IT sphere where software developers collaborate online efficaciously.
Every virtual team should be managed properly to show perfect and constructive results and accomplishments. Building confidence and trust within the virtual team is the key that lead your business to the top. The task is to create effective and beneficial interaction inside the virtual team to work fast and efficiently.
So how to manage the process of building virtual teams properly?
1. Individual interaction with every employee to build the trust and mutual understanding between the manager and executive. Inspiration is very vital to make the employee feel he or she is a part of a serious and benevolent team that is interested in mutual success and prosperity.
2. Setting up a team meeting schedule is of high importance. Team meeting allows employees to know each other better for comfortable interaction.
3. Methods to explain business conceptions virtually. This can’t be neglected and the reason is manager should be entirely confident that each and every member of the team clearly understands the project and its concept to work at the project properly. This can be attained with the help of visual methods that help employees to understand when the goal is completed.
4. Team norms should be set up through particular exercises. Team operates according to the norms and standards that help in managing virtual teams and employees’ collaboration. Norms are created for solving misunderstanding, conflicts and problems that can take place during the process.
Building trust between the multicultural team members is of high importance. Managers and team leaders are required for being energetic, inspiring and progressive for building a strong and effective virtual team.
Virtual teams are frequently used in IT outsourcing services market where foreign professionals are in high demand.
Ukraine stays one of the most lucrative countries for IT outsourcing services and IT developer salary increases. Ukrainian software developers are in high demand at the present time due to their qualitative education and positive characteristics. IT developer salaries in Ukraine are at the reasonable level in comparison with the European countries.
What challenges do you face when managing virtual teams?
- Did You Know a Distributed Team Can Be More Effective Than a Co-Located One? Here’s Why
- 5 Hints for Managing Virtual Teams Successfully
- Setting Clear Expectations for Your Newly Hired Offshore Developers: Why and How
- 5 Steps to a Successful Meeting with Your Distributed Team
- Key Problems of Distributed Agile Development and How You Can Solve Them